I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Early Christmas Planning

I am in the midst of planning Christmas presents. I want to get my friend a present of a book that will give her the personal finance basics. I know I recommended David Bach’s book Smart Women Finish Rich, I even offered to let her borrow my copy of the book. She claimed she didn’t have time, this was last year. Well since she is unemployed now, I’m sure she can make the time. She needs to understand what is happening to her and how far she has fallen into the abyss. I want to grab her and shake her – hard; but I can’t (it would lead to a knock down drag out fight) so I will keep dropping hints and giving her what advice of mine she will take. Back to the Christmas present, I am reading five books that I got from the library and the one I think will be most helpful is the one I will purchase for her. So over the next month and a half I will post book reviews of Michelle Singletary’s Your money and Your man: How You and Prince Charming Can Spend Well and Live Rich. Glinda Bridgeforth’s Girl, Get Your Money Straight, its’ an older book I remember reading it few years ago. Jesse B. Brown’s Pay Yourself First: the African American Guide to Financial Success and Security. The last two books are Brooke Stephens’ Wealth Happens One Day at a Time: 365 Days to a Brighter Financial Future and Suze Orman’s Women and Money.

No comments:

Post a Comment