I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Expense Tracking

I am going old school starting today, I will begin tracking my expenses down to the penny for the next month, well from October 15 to November 15.

Why am I doing this you ask?

Last night I was doing the online bill pay, making sure I had planned for the all the bills that are to come out today (PAYDAY) and filling in our budget spreadsheet and I realized we have been systematically cutting expenses. We cut ten dollars here for the Real Arcade Game Pass. We are dropping Blockbuster and going with Netflix’s largest plan. We have switched seventy percent of the bulbs in the house to the newer greener bulbs. Fifteen dollars for a miscellaneous subscription we don’t use. I was looking for more places to slash and realized our budget does not reflect my new income; it is based off old numbers. So back to the tracking every expense for one month to try to find the new holes.

Is it time for you to review your expenses like it is for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment