Did they work me like a new slave or what?
One hundred and twenty hours is three weeks of work. So I worked three weeks and the portion of another in two weeks time. I wondered why I was so tired. Why I was dragging in, plopping down and falling asleep? I was dead dog tired.
I was kinda excited about this windfall of overtime - 51 hours. Then I remembered the taxes, the 6% percent I dedicate to my 401k, the check will be more but not the windfall I hoped.
What should I do with over a weeks worth of extra pay?
- Sallie Mae will come out of forbearance in January and I have to resume payments.
- I have had some hits to my Emergency and Life Happens funds that need replacing.
- I have to have one very painful impacted wisdom tooth extracted like now! It is moving and pressing onto another tooth.
- I want to purchase a new (to me) car, I could sock it away as a save on the down payment.
- I could apply it to some of the smaller charge offs on my credit report.
How do you apply your windfalls?