I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Qdoba Email Snafu

I got this email yesterday:


From: Qdoba Mexican Grill
Subject: Stinky Brown Bag
To: "Spendthrift"
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 8:57 AM


Subject: Stinky Brown Bag

Attention All Employees,

There is a brown paper bag lunch in the break room refrigerator without a name. It’s behind the ranch dressing and it smells like bologna. If this odorous brown bag happens to be yours, PLEASE DISPOSE OF IT IMMEDIATELY.

Then go to Qdoba Mexican Grill for lunch. They’re now offering any chicken entree on their menu with handmade chips, a choice of salsas and a regular fountain drink for only $6.99 (click here for the offer). It’s a great value and you can choose from any of their 18 different chicken dishes. So, whoever you are, you no longer have to be the SAD PACKER.

Thank you,

-Management
"Propelling work to the next level"
For more information click here



Later, I got this email:

From: Qdoba Mexican Grill Subject: Our Apologies
To: "Spendthrift"
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 11:28 PM

Spendthrift,

We at Qdoba want to apologize for an email that was distributed earlier today. This email referenced a promotion that is only taking place in a select number of cities. Unfortunately, you are receiving this message as the restaurant(s) in your area are not participating in this special offer. To view a list of participating markets please
click here.Again we apologize for the error.

Sincerely,Qdoba

I really think they should just make the offer available now. Has this ever happened to you? What is really funny is the whole ad campaign, telling you not to brown bag. It is making fun of all the people trying to economize, cut back and live a better lifestyle. It says be ashamed because you brought your lunch.

1 comment:

  1. I got the same two emails. It was totally weird, but yeah I should be ashamed that I spend maybe $8 bucks for a whole week of packed lunches and instead spend $35 on a deal that is not even available in my area. Nah, I think I'll be okay with my packed lunches. ;)

    ReplyDelete