I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whip It Up Wednesday

I am introducing a new series called 'Whip It Up Wednesday' I will feature cookbooks, quick dinners, and other helpful food fixes. My first feature and the inspiration for this series came from NPR. (I know call me an addict.)

This piece was re-aired on NPR Monday. It features this The 99 Cent Only Stores Cookbook: Gourmet Recipes at Discount Prices



I know. Cooking from stuff bought at the .99 cents store? Even I a confirmed dollar store fanatic was a little incredulous. I went to Amazon to use their 'Look Inside' feature. The second recipe made me want to immediately buy the book. I am a huge lover of Spinach and Artichoke Dip. The cookbook has a simplistic design.

A really cute and helpful theme that is continued through out is the receipt total on each page. I really wish I could do a breakdown of each meal we serve at home.
A little bit of everything is featured from peanut butter brownies to tuna rice souffle'.
One last thing - whatever .99 cents store that the author, Christiane Jory, shops at has wine. I live in the wrong state.

No comments:

Post a Comment