I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Friday!

I am so glad this week is over. From jury duty to tenderness and swelling from the wisdom teeth, the crazy weather (cold, hot, warm, cold) triggering migraines I have had enough. I am sure you are too.

Today is my father in law's birthday. We (kids and I) will be making a seven layer coconut cake for him this evening. His favorite but he is diabetic so he only indulges a few times a year.

I have a coupon for Macy's. I will stop by after work to pick him up something. He is particularly hard to buy for; he has a bit of everything in triplicate. For Christmas we got him some casual clothes. A sweatshirt and a pajama set. He loved it. The next three times we saw him he had that sweatshirt on proudly.

I want to duplicate this success. However, I don't want to keep buying him clothes.

So I am begging for gift ideas.

Here is a his profile:

Age: 65+
Occupation: Former Military, retired
Very spiritual
Tall (6'4) which makes finding clothes difficult because he is long limbed.
Serious person, thoughtful and analytical.
Pack rat

So give me any ideas you may have I appreciate them.


Tomorrow, is DIY Saturday and my first attempt at made from scratch biscuits in nine years.
I will post pictures if I have success.

No comments:

Post a Comment