I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whip It Up Wednesday

Question: How often do you attempt recipes off the box or container of food? Have you ever tried one? Ever saw one that made you do a double take?



I have to admit I love to try new recipes. I have tried everything from Shepherd's Pie off a can of instant mashed potato. Which is a staple around my home. Of course, I have already confessed my love of Ro-tel dip which I originally got off the back of the can.

This week's dinner menu includes Tuna Tacos for Thursday night. I got the recipe from StarKist.com. I know it seems odd and weird but I have to try it and maybe inflict on my family as well.

Here is the recipe.

Tuna Tacos:

2 pouches of StarKist Tuna Creations Herb & Garlic
1 cup Monterey jack or Pepper jack, shredded
2-3 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
8, 6 inch flour tortillas
shredded leaf or iceberg lettuce
diced tomatoes

Line of side of tortilla with 1/8Th cup of tuna and 1/8Th cup of cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro. Fold in half. Top with lettuce and diced tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment