I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Friday, June 5, 2009

Student Loans Part Neverending

Okay, my first attempt at graduate school was a bust it was directly before/during/after Hurricane Katrina.

I was in Little Damn Rock, AR (the place were time has stopped and starting going back wards). I was unhappy. I was underemployed selling men's clothing and working in a call center and sometimes cocktail waitress at the Bada-Bing nightclub. (I shit you not). Yeah, three jobs and I still needed food stamps and got evicted from my apartment.


I hated everything in Arkansas, which is why I tell people I don't even want to FLY over the state again.

Well, the loans I took out for that semester of graduate school will come out of forbearance on June 17.

Remember, how I cut my budget back to pay $300 a month on the huge tax bill I received. Well it looks like that $300 will be going toward the graduate student loan.

The loan amount in total is $6,200. I want to pay this one off before I attempt graduate school again.

My fear is this loan hanging out there will corrupt my graduate school experience somehow. Does this make sense? To anyone besides me? (Maybe I just watched too much of My Name Is Earl on Hulu and the Karma bug took a bite out of me too.)

I don't want the bad experiences I had in Arkansas to taint my future experiences.

I want to have this loan DONE with as soon as possible.

This loan coming due has just reminded me how badly I wanted to go to graduate school. The terms weren't as favorable as a federal loan. (It is not a private loan it is one from a state lender.) I have always wanted my Masters and possibly my doctorate.

I have allowed life to keep getting in the way of me achieving my dream.

Well NO MORE of that. I will get my Masters! I keep talking but not doing.

Are you thinking about going back to school? Have you let obstacles stand in the way of your dream? How have you overcome them?

No comments:

Post a Comment