I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer Reading for my son

As I have mentioned before my son hates to read books without pictures. He is constantly hounding me for graphic novels. I comply because reading is reading.

Buying books for my son is hard for me because one I'm not a boy.

We have tried to read the same library book so we could discuss it. This hasn't worked well because I blow through them and he struggles to finish.

Our tastes are superficially similar - science fiction and fantasy but while I'll read sword and sorcery he will want more superhero types.

The last reason is his ADHD. One of the consultants I have worked with in the past is an adult sufferer of ADHD and he recommended this




So this is my son's request for his summer reading




My friend CW recommended this one. (I remember checking it out of the library but I am unsure if he 'read' it.) Never hurts to read something twice.



And one more Jeff Smith book:



Anyone want to recommend books for a 12 almost 13 year old boy besides Harry Potter? Any books with strong African American lead characters?

Leave a comment and let me know your suggestions...

1 comment:

  1. I am not help for graphic novels that are NOT Japanese anime. I'm sorry! :)

    But you can try going to a comic store and asking exactly for that. They tend to have good recos :)

    ReplyDelete