I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer's Ending and Back to School

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. The end of summer always signals the purchase of back to school supplies and new clothes.

I have been purchasing a school uniform for each of the kids out of my last three paychecks. I have one more paycheck to go before school starts to and two more days of uniforms. I really should have started purchasing uniforms in June.

Last year, I hit all the Staples one cent sales. We literally made off like bandits. This year with all the traveling and differing projects I have been doing I have missed most if not all of the great school supply sales.

However, I still put aside $15 out of each of the last three paychecks and will hit my favorite store The Dollar Tree for the most basic of supplies like hand sanitizers, tissue, pencils, pens, etc.

For the more specialized supplies like graphing paper and calculators I will have to scan the Sunday papers for the best sale.

I wanted last year to buy backpacks from L.L.Bean. I think this is the year to take the plunge. I have gone onto L.L. Bean and read all the reviews. There are many great ones and a few negative ones. The only problem is the price. I know I can find cheaper ones but the cheaper ones never last a year.

I have bought more expensive ones, especially a Starter backpack that I bought my son. I loved that bag but the zipper retired after six months and I spent $50 on it.

It is the eternal question pay more for quality or pay less to save and eventually have to re-purchase.

Here is my question: Has anyone ever purchased the L.L.Bean backpacks? How have they held up? Would you recommend the L.L.Bean bag over any other kind? Let me know, How do you solve the backpack conundrum?

Follow up note: I priced two backpacks, one medium Heatwave Messenger Bag is $39.95. One Original Plus Book Pack, Print is $32.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment