I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Pretty Pennies $50 challenge

I will be very honest and say that sometimes I am not as frugal with my per diem money as I could be. I get caught up in the consumer trends a little too easily. Chicago is a great example of this I bought
  • two purses,
  • two books,
  • ate out at several restaurants
  • took many cabs.
I realized why I spent so much when in Chicago. It wasn't just the great shops it was sheer boredom. I had long stretches on time when I wasn't required to be anywhere.

My Pretty Pennies issued a challenge via her blog and on Twitter. The challenge is to spend $50 or less from now until payday (September 30).

This serves me well as this week I am in Niagara Falls, NY for a conference. The conference ends early tomorrow and my flight isn't until Saturday. So that gives me long stretches of time when I will need to occupy myself. Hopefully I will be able to do this cheaply and still have fun.

I have spent very little so far in Niagara Falls. I have taken advantage of the conference offerings for breakfast and lunch. I went to the Hospitality Suite provided by the conference. My hotel provided a couple of bus passes that has allowed me to traverse the city for free.

I will need to make one purchase at the pharmacy and that is all I anticipate. For my flight Saturday, I plan on taking the bus to the airport. I am saving one of my free bus pass for this trip.

Can you spend less than $50 in one week?

1 comment:

  1. Not next week. I'm going back to Ontario.. am already screwed on having to go out and do coffees/eat

    I'd like to try it for October though.

    ReplyDelete