I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Friday, December 18, 2009

My Weight Has Balloned Again

I want to apologize for being a bad blogger. I have had so much and so little going on that I am distracted. I sent a little post last week saying that I was alive and had posts in draft stage. This is true but I haven't finished any of them. Some are very relevant to the holidays I will try to get them out while snowed in this weekend.

The real reason for this post:

I went to the doctor's office on Wednesday and the bully nurse was there again. I got on the scale because it was easier than trying to wrestle the man.

I knew I had gained weight. I haven't fit in my jeans in a month.

Ready for the grand total?

311.4

Have mercy on me.

I am apparently going to be snowed in the house this weekend. I will try to do a half hour on the treadmill in the mornings and in the evenings. One of those things you hear is that it takes 21 days or three weeks to form a habit. I want need my habit and hobbies to be more active.

1 comment:

  1. It really is a struggle to lose excess fat permanently. The most important thing you can do is keep at it. Like you, I've decided lose weight because, for me, it's just time to do it. My fear is losing the weight then gaining it all back as I've done countless times before. As I like to say, I've dieted up to this weight. :) The goal for me this time around is to lose slowly, and to track things as carefully as I track my money (I don't care what anyone says, for me, getting a hold of my financial life was MUCH easier than weight loss, I'm jus' sayin').

    I started walking more back in Sept. (4 to 5 miles a day) as well as watching what I eat (more nutrition-rich foods, restriction on calories). So far I've lost about 15 pounds (starting weight 265). Not much, but that's kind of the point. It took a long time to put this weight on, it's going to take a long time to take it off. But it will come off. My body will be happier.

    About two months ago I started using this web site called Daily Burn. It helps track my exercise and food I eat. It seems silly, but I've found the food journal/tracker eye-opening. It really helps me understand that weight lose is REALLY about what you eat more than how much exercise you get. Exercise is important, but its the food, man. The food!

    Anyway, keep at it. Always look forward to move towards your goal instead of looking back. It may be slow, but that's ok. You can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete