I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One Month of Dinners

I have planned dinners for the entire month of December. I know, say wow.


I decided to do this for several reasons. We have to get back in the habit of eating in the house and we need to eat healthier. If we start now, we will coast into the new year and hopefully new clothing sizes without a hitch. 


I am already working on the menu for January and beyond. In January, I am hoping to incorporate more crock pot meals and meals that can be easily doubled to serve as lunches for everyone.


I am also hoping to have more balanced, healthy meals going forward. We have all put on a few pounds and the holidays are not even halfway over. 


I truly want to cut out the unnecessary take out ordering (ordering for five is co$tly). I hope to narrow our grocery budget.


I want us to escape the empty calories and fatty fatty meals and subsequent weight gain.


I ordered   which will make healthier meal planning easier as well.




For now I will be satisfied with a just making it through cooking at home for the month of December. The kids and I used KraftFoods.com and Pillsbury.com for dinner inspiration.


Let me know what you think of our family's monthly meal plan in the comments. What do you use for dinner inspiration? Do you have a set dinner rotation? Am I insane for planning this many meals this far in advance?



Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Nov 30
1
2
3
4
5
6
Hubbster Pick
Marinated Chicken, rice and veggie




Pork roast, Macaroni & cheese
Chili dogs and fries
Eldest Pick – no take out
Marinated Pork Chops, noodles and veggies
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Meatloaf Monday
Turkey Breast, mashed potato and veggie




Marinated Chicken, rice and veggie
Sliders and Fries
Daughter Pick
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Turkey Spaghetti and Meatballs, garlic bread
Taco Tuesday
Lasagna, veggie, and rolls
Hamburger helper, salad, veggies




Daughter Pick


Turkey burgers, fries
Middle child - Pizza
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
Oven Fried chicken, rice and veggie


BBQ Pull pork Sandwiches with fries
Hubbster Pick
Christmas Eve Middle Child Pick Bacon Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Christmas Day Turkey Breast, Ham, Dressing, Veggies,
Sloppy Joes and tater tots
Eldest Pick – no take out
28
29
30
31
Jan 1










New Year’s Eve
Salisbury Steak, Mashed potato, vegetable


New Year’s Day
Traditional Meal of Blackeye Peas, Greens,










No comments:

Post a Comment