Money Brainstorm #2
As an ex casino games dealer I am thinking of offering my services as a dealer to those having private parties. I am also thinking of sending my resume to some of the local event planners. I think offering my services directly (instead of through an agency or company) will get me noticed more.
I'm sure you have been at weddings, meetings, banquets that have had awkward pauses or that fell apart halfway through. People sitting down but no food, people wanting to dance but no DJ, no chairs, all of these things that can ruin a party or event. Event Planners are responsible for the small details of the party. Is there an agenda? Does everything run smoothly? Will the food be brought out when everyone is seated? Does the microphone work? Can the DJ spin a record or is he sampling someone's playlist? Is the band reliable? Are there enough chairs?
Approaching Event Planners directly can work for you as well if you have ever waited tables or bartended.
Other skill sets that Event Planners look for:
Musicians and Entertainers like dancers, jugglers, stilt walkers, clowns, balloon animal makers
would all benefit from approaching Event Planners.
Who else will an event or meeting planner need on file?
- Hair dressers
- Make up artists
- Graphic designers
- Certified Child Care workers
- Note takers (Especially for meetings, I have served in this capacity at my own firm.)
- Facilitators, you can list yourself at the National Meeting Facilitator Database.
- People to assist with registration, handing out badges, packet info, conference materials
- General Labor, those to assist with the heavy lifting of take down and set up of tables and displays, etc.
- Personal Trainers or Fitness Instructors
If you would like information on learning to be an event planner, a free brochure can be obtained from here.
Tell me what do you think of riding along with an event planner? Would you submit your resume to an event planner? Have you ever hired an event planner? Would you consider becoming an event planner? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.