I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Updates from Me

So I've been a little delinquent this week in posting. A lot and a little has happened.

I have started regularly doing the 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels. My body is complaining the whole way. First it was my shoulders, back and arms. Now it is my knees and feet. I keep pressing on with it. I am going to kick it up a notch and try to do the DVD twice a day if I can. Because I have been exercising and building muscles I don't think I will see an appreciable move on the scale this weekend. I hope I am wrong and the number jumps.

I am doing the Special K diet. It is not going as well as I hoped. I am hungry often. I start looking for snacks around three pm. I cleared out my desk in anticipation of this. I roam around the office trying to find something to snack on. Then go back to my desk and eat a bar. The diet seems so simple but it is deceptively hard. I took carrot sticks with me yesterday. That helped but I'm still not feeling full. I have been working on portion control. I will keep trying.

In my mind, I wanted to be out of the 300's by the end of January. This won't happen now, but I am shooting for February to get under that mark.

My books for graduate school arrived. I had to pay out of pocket for them. I was not expecting to have to pay for them out of pocket.  Total cost with shipping came swimmingly close to $275.00 for four used books and one e-book. I have been taking them in my bag so I can read them on the bus to work. I am falling asleep more than reading. I'm not sure why I'm so tired but as soon as the bus starts to move I probably start snoring and drooling. Classes start Monday, February 1st. My nerves are steady as of now. Sunday they may explode.

Work. Awww, work. I was volun-told into a Grant Review that my company is facilitating for the Federal Government. I did Quality Assurance on the applications as they were received.  I am now creating documents (power points and word and excel) to be used in the Reviewer Panel and training session. Some how, I went from doing Quality Assurance Screenings to being the lead contact on a whole Grant Reviewer Panel. Anyway, after all that I was given 68 grants and asked to do a secondary screening. Have mercy.

Kids are ok. I bought the boy Moby Dick because he has become a huge fan of Rudy Reyes
Who has a list of 40 things a man should do by age 40. I'm not sure of the purpose of the whole list but he is reading the book and it is not a comic/graphic novel so I'm not going to complain.

It is amazing how different your children can be from you. I love to read almost anything. My son used to have to be blackmailed and extorted into reading. He still doesn't always want to read voluntarily but he is more open to suggestions.

He has one more book left from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. Next he wants to do the Percy Jackson and the Olympians because the movie is to be released soon.



Hubbster is funny. I was listening to the soundtrack from Wicked and wishing I could go to see it on Broadway. I sent him an IM saying I think we needed a NYC weekend. Shopping, Broadway, eating fried Twinkies and some couple time. He said lets go this weekend...

That won't happen but it would have been really nice.

That is about all I have going on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment