I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Look the Part

There's a saying that if you really want something you should look the part to attract it. I noticed that I wear the same thing to work almost every day. Jeans, shirt and sweater, this constitutes about 25 articles of clothing. My office is very casual and I think this has infused my attitude. I need to reset my mind so that the casual atmosphere I work in isn't being transfered into my job search, infusing it with negativity.

My look is so basic prep. I may substitute slacks one day but that is my very basic wardrobe. I have been maximizing with a scarf but that is mainly to keep my body temp the same. Not to be extra fashionable.

Another thing I realized is that I stopped wearing make up. Not even a tinted gloss. Part of this is laziness and part is the Hubbster. (He is of the archaic opinion that only ugly women wear make-up) I have tried to explain that you don't want to be the one in the room without.

I have decided to at least put on lipstick everyday. I may put on more. I have been YouTubing make up videos with Princess. I swear, YouTube is the virtual how to encyclopedia! Need to learn something? Go to YouTube, there's a video for that.

Here are the things on my wishlist:  I don't want to invest a lot of money into makeup accessories. I have makeup that I purchased on sale, with coupons and with other discounts like Extra Care Bucks and single check rebates, etc




I have never used brushes to apply make up before. I bought a small travel set of brushes and will begin 'practicing' with them before I go for the larger set.

I also have looked at mineral makeup. I think I may want to try it.


Help me out! What make up products are you using? Have you ever used mineral makeup? Applied with brushes? How are you storing your makeup? 

No comments:

Post a Comment