I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Whip It Wednesday: ME in the Kitchen

I had a roller coaster kind of morning. Normal, then anxious, Up then down and then way down, then back to normal. Then after a half day of work. Off to Stepson's Baccalaureate, then home to eat.

I wanted to get a head start on dinner for tomorrow night. So I took out the great deal from the grocery store this week. The Hubbster and I found pot roast on sale for $1.99 a pound. Three pot roasts for just under $15.00. The most expensive was $5.05 for two and a half pounds.

What am I going to do with three pot roasts?

Well two of them are going in the crock pot.


<-------Pot roast in crock pot:


One will be for dinner, the other sliced for sandwiches.


Double stacked pot roasts in crock pot --------->





The third one is bagged in seasonings for the freezer.
Bag contains:

  • Pot Roast
  • Onions
  • Bell pepper
  • Minced Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • Lemon juice (instead of water)
  • Course black pepper
  • McCormick's season salt
  • Crushed Red pepper flakes
  • Paprika
  • Dash of cumin
Before I cook this one, it will get a good dousing with the best meat tenderizer/flavor infuser ever Lea & Perrins The Original Worcestershire Sauce - 10 oz. Unfortunately, I am out of Lea & Perrins and liquid smoke.

Time to restock.

No comments:

Post a Comment