I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FEMA Internship, Part Time and My Wallet

I started my FEMA internship in the early part of October and I made the Classic mistake (these last three weeks) of continuing to spend like I was working full time. I didn't really realize the impact going part time at my regular work for this internship would have on my paycheck until I saw my time sheet.

What does that mean for me? I need to severely adjust my spending and expectations.


  • For the month of November I will not be eating anything that isn't home cooked. No more McDonald's or Burger King quick bites. I have to carry fruit in my bag as well as my granola and protein bars. I will have to take my lunch to work everyday. I have a little over ten dollars on my Starbucks card plus a "Make It Right" coupon to get a free cup of coffee. Between those two I should be able to squeeze out four cups of coffee in November.


  • Also I will need to restart my 30 Day Shred, when I was in Boise I left the 30 Day Shred DVD in the DVD player here at the house. I went on to Netflix hoping to find the 30 Day Shred in the Instant Watch queue. No such luck. I did some random exercise video but it wasn't Jillian. It was a work out. I understand why Jillian has you doing two exercises at once. You feel your body changing. I have made up my mind that I will complete the Shred no matter how many times my body betrays me or how many times I have to start over.

  • I also am going to follow BeautyNewbie and BargainClipper's example and create my own Project 10 Pan.  Which means that I won't purchase any makeup or hair products until I have used up 10 of the current ones that I already have. I spent $35 at EyesLipFace in the last two weeks. The first time was a 50% off of a twenty dollar purchase. I had coveted the mineral foundation and couldn't let it pass me by again. There was an offer earlier this week - Get a free mini makeup collection (pictured above) with a ten dollar purchase so I bought the mineral face primer, makeup remover wipes and zit zapper. 

More on  Project 10 Pan


My Project 10 Pan items are

The Max Volume Flash Mascara

1. Rimmel MaxVolume Flash Mascara








Palladio Herbal Liquid Foundation Primer


2. Palladio Herbal Foundation Primer








e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Makeup Remover Pads


3. elf Eye Makeup Remover Pads








Black Opal True Color Liquid Foundation w/ Gift Concealer - Beautiful Bronze/toast04


4. Black Opal Beautiful Bronze Concealer (Stick)








Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss ~ Sugarberry


5. Mary Kay Sugarberry Nourishine lip gloss







Almay Intense i-Color- 001 Trio for Browns


6. Almay Intense I-Color Trio for Browns 








Sally Hansen Collagen Lip Lift Sheer Peaceful Plum.

7. Sally Hansen Sheer Peaceful Plum. Found in Dollar Tree!








8. Savvy Blushing Natural Blusher (not pictured)

9. Wet N Wild Gel Liner. I have this in Eggplant and Black.










10. This last one I am torn about. I love this eyeshadow. Lancome The New Black Metallic. I use this one often almost daily in the Outer V. I went to find this eyeshadow again. It is listed for $17. I don't remember paying that much for it but I also don't remember buying it because I have had it a loong time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I saw that you have an internship with FEMA. How is that working out for you. I'm going to be graduating December 2011 with a bachelors in Emergency Management and I was really interested in this program that you are in. How do you like it? Do they rotate you into different areas to work the different types of jobs? Did you find the internship through the usajobs.gov or another source? My name is Judy, I hope to see a reply from you.

    ReplyDelete