From the website:
- Yes you can! Plan a Walk to School event in 7 days. It's not too late to celebrate Walk to School Day. Follow these simple steps to hold an event in a jiffy.
- REGISTER Your 2010 Event More than 1,000 U.S. schools have already registered thier 2010 Walk to School Day event. Join the excitement!
- Why Green Works? Learn more about the 2010 Walk to School Day promotional partnership.
- Looking for event ideas? Check out these 40+ road tested ideas from Walk to School coordinators.
- How did it go? Share your event photos!
Please share your 2010 event photos on the International Walk to School Day Web site.
- Visit the international site
Find out which other countries are walking and biking to school, and view photos from past events.
More info on International Walk to School Day can be found here:
In 1997, the Partnership for a Walkable America sponsored the first National Walk Our Children to School Day in Chicago, modeled after the United Kingdom’s lead. Back then, it was simply a day to bring community leaders and children together to create awareness of the need for communities to be walkable.