I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Day in Review

It has been a long day and I don't see the end in sight. I have been behind the eight ball all day. I need the day to change from 24 hours a day to 36 hour a day. Maybe that way I will get more than a couple of hours of sleep.

I have my alarm set for 4:45 am. I never get up on time. I hit the snooze - once, twice, three times or more.

Go ahead call me Sally Snooze.

I finally realize what time it is (or my body has gotten its requisite amount of sleep) and get up. Six am.

Oh Shit!

I roll out of bed. Shower, make up, dress, go vote, have the Hubbster drop me off at work.

I used to be so much better at multi tasking. Riding in the car and do my reading or writing. Now I sleep or zone out. Not sure why the Hubbster is even putting up with me because I have lost my conversational abilities. If I say three words on the ride to work it was a miracle, I spent the whole ride trying not to doze off.

Get to work - LATE!!!

At work, I miss a conference call. I forget to order a load of imprinted material at the discounted price. I have this creative piece that I have been trying to write for two and a half weeks. Still not complete and my boss is looking for it.

I leave work and go to my internship at FEMA. It was decided last week that the assignment I am working on needs an executive summary due on Thursday. I'm not scheduled to finish my assignment until Monday - Friday at the earliest. So I have to double down and get it done tomorrow. I'll probably end up staying late tomorrow to finish.

I did have a bright spot. I have been toting around a CVS CRT for $5 off two Theraflu. I found a two Theraflu coupons for $2 off and $1.50 off. Regular price Theraflu is $6.49. Yeah, I got two boxes for $5.

Princess' hair is finally ready for her return to school tomorrow. My first attempt at a faux-hawk and cornrows. I did three cornrows on each side. The rest of her hair is two strand twisted. I used setting lotion and put it on flexible rods. I had to go purchase a larger banana clip capable of holding all of her hair.

Princess' FauxHawk


Now, I'm going to work on the pile of school work that I am continuously falling behind on. I am going to try to get to sleep by 10:30. No more Sally Snooze for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment