I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, December 6, 2010

ME on #MusicMonday - How the Grinch Stole My Radio

It is Music Monday and 19 days until Christmas. I can't wait for Christmas to arrive, not for the presents. I'm waiting for all this damn Christmas music to cease. My ears can't take it anymore

I've never been the biggest fan of Christmas and after my Grandmother died a little over a week before the big day in 1997; I've never gotten my Christmas spirit back.

The thing that keeps me from getting my Christmas spirit back every year is the October high jacking of every store PA system, television commercial, radio ad, website pop up and the regular radio with non stop Christmas music.

I don't care how many new Christmas songs come out every year they all sound the same after two or three plays. (Except the The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)

On my trip to Atlanta last week for work: Xmas music on the plane, in the airport, in the hotel lobby, at the hotel bar...

STOP.

Am I the onliest one who hates Christmas music?

When I tell people that I'm not a fan, they break out the skin searing side eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment