I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, December 20, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 10

Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?


The wisest decision I have made this year wasn't one thing it is a culmination of many things and situations in which I have learned to hold my tongue.


Let me tell you that I am quick to fly off the handle and let someone or many someones feel the cold razored edge of my tongue when I am displeased. 


I have been (and still will probably) be the person who curses you out if you get something wrong. I have no issue letting you know what I think of the zoological history of your mother and grandmother and the goats, donkey and inbred monkeys that they bred with to come out with you if you cross me.


I think it took me so long to reel in my samurai tongue because I was without voice for so long in my family. 


I refuse to ever be voiceless again. 


I refuse to feel like a second or third class citizen in my own home and in my family.


I refuse to be treated as less than and like my opinion and feelings don't matter at all.


Holding my tongue when I want to strike out with the same viciousness of a cobra is a conscious decision that has played out several times this year. 


I hope that I will be able to keep holding my tongue and striking out less.

No comments:

Post a Comment