I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, December 20, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 12 Body Integration? Huh?

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?


I have had few moments of total body love much less total body integration this year. 


I'm uptight. I like to know the who, what, when, where and why of everything. I have never used recreational drugs. I am a drinker but require massive amounts of alcohol to get me loose enough to forget. It does loosen me up but I'm still hyper vigilant even drunk. 


I'm overweight. Which doesn't change my ability to do things but hampers my ability to be comfortable in chairs and other furniture that is structured for leaner people.  


I walk slow not because I'm overweight but because I rarely ever see a reason to walk quickly. I have the ability I just don't have the inclination.


I have plantar fasciitis which has limited my ability to work out because I keep aggravating it. 


I have swelling in my feet and hands.


I have a stomach that when is not held in check is reminiscent of my pregnant belly.


I suffer from migraines. Which depending on which doctor you speak to will tell you they come from my lingering caffeine addiction, my weight, my lifestyle, etc.


My goal is to change this. I want to do one BIG Deed in 2011; following @RuthBeingRuth's example by donating bone marrow to someone in need. According to Marrow.org, the weight guidelines for someone my height are 270 or less. This is my incentive to loss the weight in the coming year.


Hopefully by shedding some weight I'll have a truer appreciation of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment