I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, December 20, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 13 Action! Here I Come to Save the Day, well not quite yet

Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?


This year I have made huge strides in the action category! I started graduate school (again) which if you have followed this blog for any length of time know; I was derailed by a hasty move to Little Rock, Arkansas and Hurricane Katrina and lack of planning on my part. 


I feel as if a huge weight has lifted off my shoulders because I have settled on a career path that will allow me to use all of the various skills I have acquired jumping from job to job. I still have the odd dream and ambition to complete but isn't that what retirement is for...


Not only am I in graduate school working toward a degree in Emergency Management, I have a graduate level internship with FEMA (that I have neglected this last week or two because of illness). I have decided upon the concentration that I want to use this degree to propel me forward. 


I joined the emergency management associations as a student. I attempt to network on Twitter, LinkedIn and other places with other EM professionals. I have learned and eavesdropped on many a Twittersation that I found useful and interesting.


I have decided to create a webspace for my small business. As well as email out one of those eNewsletters to all the clients I've had and all those I hold out for being future clients. This way I'm keeping in contact as well as trying to drum up business. After I read about J$'s last day, I too want to have a F*^@ You fund just in case. 


I may not have been a superhero this year but I have had movement toward several goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment