I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, December 6, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 2

Prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?


I had several wishes as a child, one was to be a published author. I guess I can't move on that goal because I waste time on an inordinate amount of stuff. Facebook, Twitter, surfing the intrawebs, watching YouTube makeup videos, reading research materials that don't apply to anything I'm working on, watching television, sleeping, daydreaming. 


Don't get me wrong, I write every day. The writing I do is for graduate school papers and discussion boards and case studies, etc. And don't forget work, I write more and more for work every day and none of it is fleshing my ideas for short stories or novels. 


Can I change this behavior? I try. I started numerous time trackers in hope of correcting my procrastination and time wasting. I have to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment