I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, December 6, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 6



Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?


I love making things but don't have the time to really get creative. My projects have to be 30 minutes or less or be completed in stages. If I had more time then I would still end up breaking things down into stages.




Just this weekend I made two things with my hands, well more like combined ingredients to create an end product - one was whipped shea butter that I use on mine and Princess's hair. Superhero also likes to partake and asked for his own container. 




The basic shea butter whip ingredients include shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba,vitamin E oil, a few drops of tangerine essential oil. Here is a set of directions for making your own whipped shea butter  from Alice in Nappyland of Diary of a Kinky Curly Transitioner. 



I also made a brown sugar body scrub or skin polisher. The recipe came from my favorite natural blogger,
Savvy Brown. Her recipe can be found here.














For the longest time, I have had an idea for a line of handbags. I haven't had time to actually sit down with the sewing machine and crank them out. 

2 comments:

  1. Will defiantly have to check out that whipped shea butter recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Love shea butter! So glad to see another one of my online buds doing #reverb10!

    ReplyDelete