I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 8

Prompt:  Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.

I struggled with this prompt, it wasn't until a coworker pointed it out to me that I realized what makes me beautifully different.

I am beautifully different because I have an insatiable curiosity and need to know. I have been devouring books since a very young age probably about age five I begin maxing out the number of library books allowed to one card.  I will probably be one of those senior citizens going to college for free and have like four Ph.D's in European History, African Studies, and ....

I will read and listen to almost anything - dense research studies, YouTube, snippets, even the opposition...whatever is going to help me gain a better understanding and give me a broader knowledge base.   

I love to learn and I love to share what I have learned. I will correct people if they are relaying false information and by people I mean everyone. Strangers, family, coworkers, business associates, etc...sometimes this leads people to think I'm stuck up or bougie or a know-it-all. 

The reason I like to correct or as I call it "educate" people who are relaying false information is because to me; whether you realize it or not you are lying when you tell someone a partial truth or misinformation. Just like the game Telephone - false information spreads and leads to more false information.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

2 comments:

  1. No you are certainly not alone. Wow, it's like reading about myself or my twin - I'm glad we can connect through reverb10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am the same way, I live to learn. I've only been out of undergrad for two years, and I'm itching for grad school. I think they key is to seek out ways to learn - formal and informal.

    ReplyDelete