I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

#Reverb10 Day 9 or How @TotallyBougie Made My Week

Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.


I had some great times this year. 


I went to a couple of the DC PF Bloggers Happy Hour get togethers. 


I meet with @DebtHater, @SingleMa and @RuthBeingRuth at Busboys and Poets in DC. We ate, we drank we laughed so much I got light headed a couple of times.


Doing my conference adventures in a half dozen cities, I meet a new friend everywhere.


My sister in law, @TotallyBougie is the bestest, hostess and tour guide Ever. 


We meet at the nephews football practice. Then she took me to the original Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. She warned me ahead of time to Not expect much of the decor. Once there I understood what she was talking about. The inside isn't much to look at, the staff is friendly (our waitress looked close to retirement).

I can understand why the waffles are so famous, they were crisp and had a light creamy butter-ness to them them I haven't seen replicated elsewhere. The butter and syrup were warm and worthy of a compliment of their own.


The chicken I wasn't impressed with because I have had some of the best fried chicken in the world. My two favorite chicken places in the world are Willie Mae's Scotch House in New Orleans and Mr. Jim's Famous Chicken in Shreveport, LA. 


Yes, I'm sure you think I have a home state bias (possible) but unless you have eaten at these places don't  tell me otherwise.


This outing was topped off by my sister inventing the Minute Tour of L.A. She took me on a driving tour of L.A. I called it the minute tour because it was a Friday nightI saw some of everything from the car - the Museums, LaBrea Tar Pits, Kat Von Dee's tattoo shop, Hollywood Strip, some of the chichi foofoo shops of Beverly Hills, and more.


It was after an exceedingly stressful week of work in Anaheim, it was probably the quickest decompression I have ever had. 


I have to credit my beautiful sister for giving me a great end to a horrible week.

2 comments:

  1. If u liked Mr. Jim's you should try Southern Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southern Classic is too greasy and let us not mention the customer service.

    ReplyDelete