I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Meatless Monday Week 1

One of the lifestyle changes that I am initiating this year in an effort to lose weight is to take part in the Meatless Monday challenge.

On the menu tonight for the family will be oven broiled fish smothered in salsa with rice, beans and veggies. I'm debating whether to wrap the fish in a large leaf or just foil.

I will most likely skip the fish too and just go with the beans, rice and veggies. What I'm more worried about is sticking to my portions. I am a lover of a second helping and a large dessert.

For more information on Meatless Monday go here.  Meatless Monday recipes and resource kits can be found on the website.

2 comments:

  1. If you like tilapia, I've found the brand Walmart carries (which comes with six to eight individually frozen) tastes great broiled with lemon pepper & a dash of lite salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also a good one at Omaha Steaks if you have one near you. It's a huge box and I just drizzle garlic olive oil and sea salt over the top.

    ReplyDelete