I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Madness: Day One of #nojunk

When the alarm went off this morning at the ungodly time of 4:15. I swore a blue streak at myself. It took me 15 minutes to get myself together enough to get up and go for my morning torture on the dreadmill.

I spent 25 minutes walking no where for .75 miles. 

But something strange happened after I got off the dreaded dreadmill. I didn't hurt anywhere. I didn't immediately want to go sit down and cry at what seems to be the utter futility of my task.

I felt tingly in a good way and happy.

Huh?

I know. I still don't know what the hell that was. I'm just going to let the happy ride with me as long as possible.

For breakfast, I ate a banana and Morning Glory muffin. Superhero and I made these Sunday night. I don't eat coconut, so we substituted shredded zucchini.

I also drank 8 oz of protein shake.

At 10 am, I had a cup and a half of grapes. (I needed it, Stomach and backbone were calling each other names)

For lunch, I had leftovers from the night before - tilapia with rice and veggies.

For afternoon snack, I ate some peanuts.

For dinner, we had Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas.

The cravings hit me hard. Three times today I had to stave off cravings for salty, sweet and crunchy. I need to write down when during the day I'm having these cravings and what I'm feeling when I have them.

Going to work out and have a glass of milk.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first day! I wish you luck on your #nojunk challenge...I'm looking forward to following your journey. Chips (all kinds) are the thing that I crave....hey maybe I should join you in your challenge, and attempt to go an entire month without eating any chips. Whaddya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DebtChronicles Please join me, so I don't feel so alone!

    @SingleMa You are my fitness inspiration!

    ReplyDelete