I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, April 4, 2011

What I Would Rather Be Reading

Working and attending graduate school is mentally stressing.

I have started working out not only to lose weight but just to have a period in the day when I don't have to think.

I've had to give up somethings to do both together.

The first being reading - I mean fiction.

I am a bibliophile. I can think of nothing better than curling up with a new book, a bowl of snacks and a quiet house.

When I took my brief break from graduate school I fell on a stack of books like a man stranded in desert would fall on water.

Don't get me wrong, I read. I read a lot but academic papers and textbooks have no personality and they are often times dull - very dull.

These are the books that I have checked out from the library and would rather be reading:

  • Sworn to Protect - DiAnn Mills
  • Paper Butterfly - Diane Wei Liang
  • Some Girls Bite - Chloe Neil
  • Jemina J - Jane Green
  • Total Eclipse - Rachel Caine
  • Winter Break - Kayla Perrin
  • Success Never Smelled So Sweet - Lisa Price
I am reading one book right now and it is the hardest thing. I have to sneak five pages here, two pages there..that book is Wicked Cravings by G.A. McKevett.

What would you rather be reading?









1 comment:

  1. Good luck with grad school! Hopefully, you can find time to curl up with a good book...especially in this rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete