I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Midlife Bucket List or 35 Things Before I Turn 35

I turn 35 in August. This is my list of 35 things I want to do in the next 90 or so days before I turn 35.
  1. Lose 35 pounds.
  2. Hang out on the beach. I never just lay there and enjoy the sun.
  3. Visit 30 museums.
  4. Sit in a talk show audience.
  5. Launch my small business website.
  6. Expand my client list 100%
  7. Complete my Goodreads  2011 Reading Challenge
  8. Spend 30 minutes a day relaxing.
  9. Break my addiction to potato chips.
  10. Learn to do a flawless face of makeup in under 15 minutes.
  11. Take a dance class (I never dance in public unless liquor lubricated)
  12. Learn to swim.
  13. Join a networking group(s).
  14. Incorporate more vegetables and fruit (drink smoothie daily)
  15. Get a pet.
  16. Carry one purse for over a month.
  17. Blog daily not only here but at the blog I launched to get my name out in Emergency Management circles.
  18. Volunteer to create social media campaign for local organization.
  19. Ride a bike. (I haven't ridden in 20 years)
  20. Go to New York City.
  21. Go to five free live music events.
  22. Boost my Twitter Followers to 1,000.
  23. Have my portrait done at a professional photo shoot.
  24. Relearn to bake bread and biscuits from scratch.
  25. Complete the Couch to 5k.
  26. Sign up for CERT - Community Emergency Response Team.
  27. Become a Red Cross Volunteer
  28. Implement a summer homework plan for Superhero and Princess.
  29. Make more friends.
  30. Stop yelling. (My brain will probably explode)
  31. Go bowling at least three times a week with the kids. (Both AMF and Kids Bowl Free have summer programs)
  32. More tea, less coffee.
  33. Wear heels more.
  34. Eat from more food trucks.
  35. Be happier.




6 comments:

  1. Great list. I want to finish my Goodread list as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I tried to have some fun stuff with personal development with family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Great personal development list.

    2. Hanging out on the beach is so relaxing and carefree. No music, no book. Just laying in the sun with a clear mind.

    4. Any particular talk show?

    5. What is your small business?

    7. Good luck on your Goodreads challenge.

    16. Carrying one purse for an entire month is challenging. Good luck!

    25. I gave up on the Couch to 5K after week 2. Good luck finishing. It should help with your weight loss goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! 

    2. I'm going to try to go to at least two or three beaches before summer's end.

    4. I have no idea maybe Wendy Williams or The View, since I missed out on Oprah.

    5. I create social media campaigns, do research on virtually any subject, and offer virtual assistance services. I am your standard girl Friday.

    7. I had picked 52 books to read for the year, trying do 52 before the end of August is going to be tricky. 

    16. I change purses almost every week!

    25. I have to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4. Wendy Williams' audience should be fun. **pokes lip out** How you doin?

    5. What a cool business you started!

    7. I picked 52 books to read in 2011 too. So far I've read 47 and plan to finish one more today. If I can do it, you can too girlie.

    16. I used to change purses every other day so I know exactly how addicting this habit can be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list! This has inspired me to write something similar.

    ReplyDelete