I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Murphy's Law & ME

It never fails that when I make a major life change - moving, marriage, furthering my education, quitting my job - that Murphy's Law will come and distract me from that change.

Does this only happen to me?

My life and my intentions and my wants never seem to sync up without struggle, blood, sweat, tears and loss.

My life has been one of hardship. Many, many hardships in fact some because of my own decisions and some imposed on me by other's decisions.  It is one of the reasons I am so hard on the people in my life I don't want their decisions to hurt me.

A never ending set of obstacles that get higher and higher the more I go over. When I was younger, I would beseech god to not make my life better just easier. Instead of 20 obstacles could I get 15 but I swear Murphy's Law heard me and made it 40.

I understand that you have to actually walk through the fire to know you are going to come out on the other side unburned; but does the pathway have to be littered with broken glass and me with bare feet?

No comments:

Post a Comment