I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, June 13, 2011

What I'm Watching

Since my last What I'm Watching post, the "regular" television programming has ended. 


I know *boo, hiss, hurl projectiles*


But that doesn't mean that the dog days of summer television watching have returned like when I was younger. I used to want to pitch the tv out the window when May sweeps were over cause nothing and I mean nothing good or new was coming on again until after school resumed.


What I'm watching now hasn't started yet but this week is full of season premieres. It seems this week is the unofficial kick off of summer television. 



The Closer


I've mentioned before my love of scripted drama. Well tonight is the premiere of The Closer. 


I freaking heart Brenda Lee Johnson. And what is there not to love? 


Her bottomless candy drawer endured her to me in ways that most of you who aren't food addicts especially for sweets can never understand.


But there is more she's a southern lady in a manly profession. I love the way she dresses. Something business like on top normally a suit jacket or blazer and underneath a dress with a flirty hemline in a vibrant color which makes her stand out in the room full of dull grays, blues and blacks that the men are wearing, well except for Provenza. 


She maintains her femininity surrounded by the men  by dressing this way. And you can tell the men truly thinks she is a lady because they open doors for her, never let her lift anything heavy and I've seen several elbow grabs. 


The character of Brenda Lee Johnson reminds me of Julia Sugarbaker from Designing Women who was played by one of my hero's the late Dixie Carter.


Brenda does need to step up her purse/handbag game. Those industrial black bags she carries hurts me to my core. 


I love interrogation scenes. I love the way she stumbles into an interview room acting like a complete and utter ditz. Throwing the suspect off before she hits them with whatever evidence she has, it is never long before they are confessing. 


You can catch up on The Closer by purchasing Season Six on DVD today here.
















I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote The Closer Season Six on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. The new season of The Closer doesn't begin until July 11. I'm looking forward to it too.

    ReplyDelete