I don't want to be perfect, just better...

Monday, October 3, 2011

My Dream Job

Let’s be honest ya’ll know I hated my previous job right? Wrong, I loved my job I hated the people I worked for (not them but their attitude), the lack of advancement, the stagnant salary and nonexistent perks.


I used to fantasize about finding the perfect job announcement that would be my dream job. I would be the only applicant so of course I would get the job. I would be able to dictate my salary and hours because I was perfect and the onliest one who could do the job. I would have the best expense account in the world and life would be perfect. 

When you aren’t attached to a traditional job like I am right now, you still have those fantasies. I had to sit down to really consider what the perfect dream job description would be for me.

Here are a few examples:

      Social Media Strategist/Personal Assistant for Michaëlle Jean - The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean is the Former Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada, currently she is the UNESCO Special Envoy for Haiti. 

      She is cool personified to me, bilingual politician humble caring honest.


      Karmic Arm of Justice -Thigh high boots and a cape, the ability and power to crack skulls…what more could a girl want? I could right wrongs. You got cut off in traffic!? Buzz me, and I would come  flip the car off the road. 

      I could smack the shitake out of all those reality show chicks who whine about how hard their lives are or I could transport them to a third world country and replace their rich husbands with goat farmers. 

      Every skinny chick who said she needed to lose five pounds would gain 50 instantly. There now you have something to lose.


      New Orleans Saints front office something, as long as I got to be around Rita Benson LeBlanc. What could be better? I would get to hang around one of the most glamorous owners in the NFL and work for my beloved New Orleans Saints.







     All powerful witch – cross between Ilona Andres’s Kate Daniels and JK Rowling’s Professor Minerva McGonagall.


     Breeder of Triple Crown winners

      Geisha

      Space Explorer – First Wave Planet Founding Settler/Member -  As long as it isn't the planets of Pern or Crematoria I'm good.

     Companion to Dr. Who - I would have to sign up for a short stint because some of those aliens and that British sense of humor would slay me.


         





      Food Truck Owner - I have no idea what I would cook or what  the name of my truck would be but I'm way to excited about the idea of it. 


         
     
     Farmer, yes technically thanks to my family heritage I would be considered a farmer but I haven’t planted and grown a full crop of anything in 20 years.

   
     Work with/on the staff of the following mayors/politicians - Cory Booker, mayor of Newark, New Jersey; John Fetterman, mayor of Braddock, Pennsylvania; Mitch Landrieu, mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana; Cherie Wood, Mayor of South Salt Lake City, UT.



     What does your perfect dream job description sound like?    




2 comments:

  1. Right now I'm doing it. That has been known to change as the day goes on though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that's one heck of a job description. I have to work on mine. I think it would involve owning my own business, fashion would be in there somewhere too.

    ReplyDelete